- Malaysia's Mahathir says 'highly likely' jailed Najib will get royal pardon, article with imageAsia Pacific ·
August 25, 2022 · 4:17 AM UTC· undefined ago
Malaysia's veteran politician Mahathir Mohamad said on Thursday that the disgraced former premier Najib Razak, who he helped bring down, was likely to receive a royal pardon and be released from a 12-year jail sentence for graft that he began this week.
- Asia PacificPhilippines reports three deaths from tropical storm Ma-On
Tropical storm Ma-On caused three deaths in the Philippines, its disaster agency reported on Thursday, with the storm currently headed towards southeastern China.
- AmericasMexican prosecutor opens probe into woman's death in police custody, 4 arrests
The death of a young woman in police custody last week in Mexico's southern state of Oaxaca is being investigated and has led to multiple arrests, state prosecutors said in a statement late Wednesday.
- Middle EastOne U.S. service member suffers minor injury in Syria attack, U.S. says
One U.S. military service member suffered a minor injury and two others are being evaluated for minor injuries following rocket attacks in Syria on Wednesday by suspected Iran-backed militants, the U.S. military said.
- Asia PacificJapan, India arranging 'two-plus-two' talks as soon as early Sept -Nikkei
Japan will start preparations to hold 'two-plus-two' talks between its foreign and defence ministers and their Indian counterparts as soon as early September, the Nikkei reported on Thursday.