- Yemen's HSA pledges $1.2 mln to U.N. drive to avert tanker oil spill, article with imageBusiness ·
August 25, 2022 · 3:09 AM UTC
Yemen's HSA Group on Thursday became the first private entity to pledge funds for a United Nations operation to avoid an oil spill from a tanker stranded off the coast of Yemen, as the U.N. urgently tries to secure an initial requirement of $80 million.
- Middle EastOne U.S. service member suffers minor injury in Syria attack, U.S. says
One U.S. military service member suffered a minor injury and two others are being evaluated for minor injuries following rocket attacks in Syria on Wednesday by suspected Iran-backed militants, the U.S. military said.
- Middle EastU.S. service member lightly wounded in new Syria attack, military says
At least one U.S. military service member in Syria suffered a minor injury and up to three suspected Iran-backed militants were killed on Wednesday, the U.S. military said, in the second consecutive day of violence.
- Middle EastPentagon says it's aware of reports on new 'exchange of fire' in Syria
A senior Pentagon official said on Wednesday he was aware of reports of a new "exchange of fire" in Syria, a day after the U.S. military announced a series of air strikes in the country against facilities used by Iran-aligned militia.
- Middle EastIran denies any link to targets hit by U.S. in Syria
Iran denied having any link to sites targeted by the United States in Syria, Iranian foreign ministry spokesperson Nasser Kanaani said on Wednesday, according to the ministry's telegram channel.
- Middle EastUAE health firm Burjeel plans Saudi expansion as IPO nears
United Arab Emirates healthcare provider Burjeel Holdings, established under VPS Healthcare, on Wednesday announced plans to expand into Saudi Arabia ahead of its initial public offering (IPO) later this year.